thank you for your donations!
as a nonprofit organization, raft relies on the generous support of donors to deliver hands-on learning experiences to kids.
every dollar counts!
Your financial donation helps us deliver hands-on learning experiences to hundreds of thousands of kids around the state each year, and empower the educators who make hands-on learning happen every day!
looking to purchase raft membership as a gift?
We’d love to help you support an educator in your life!
Raft is built on our ability to repurpose materials destined for the landfill and “upcycle” them into raftGoods. When paired with our creative curriculum and design challenges, these affordable, attribute-rich materials become hands-on learning experiences, ultimately helping kids work, think, innovate, and learn.
raft is grateful to receive the majority of our raftGoods as donated items from our many generous partners. we welcome your donations today!
material donation guidelines
Donating materials to Raft is easy! The truth is, it’s often the most unusual items that spark the most creative hands-on learning ideas. However, we serve hundreds of thousands of students each year, so we need large quantities!
Contact us today to see if your materials can be turned into raftGoods. Send us a description or photo of what you would like to donate.
schedule a pick-up
If you have enough materials to fill a SUV or a pallet, we can arrange to pick them up for free in the Denver-metro area. We also can accept your large-scale donations at our Raft Resource Center [link to Resource Center landing page].
enjoy the benefits!
Because Raft is a nonprofit, we will provide you with a tax donation form showing the value of your material donation. And also share in the joy of knowing you’re helping kids learn, keeping trash out of the landfill, and saving money on disposal costs!
examples of what we accept include:
- Manufacturing and packaging materials (we love cornstarch packing peanuts!)
- Manufacturing surplus items (i.e. plexiglass, rubber, and vinyl)
- Office supplies (i.e. paper clips and binders)
- Fabric and foam remnants
- Promotional and/or party items
- Hardware supplies
- CDs and CD jewel cases
- Bottle caps and corks
- Containers, cores, and tubes
- Restaurant supplies
- And more!
what raft cannot accept:
- Dirty, hazardous or contaminated items
- Containers that once held vitamins or medications
- Containers that once held soap, bleach or petroleum products
- Sharp items, such as needles or metal/glass fragments
- Office Furniture
- Household items, such as clothes, appliances, or housewares
- Computer equipment
- Textbooks / Teacher Resource Books
- Two-dimensional, homemade teaching materials