RAFT volunteers spent over 3,500 hours last year supporting education AND the environment. We have short-term projects ranging from creative to straightforward, as well as boards and committees who would love to have your help! Most short-term volunteer projects occur during our business hours, but we can accommodate large groups’ schedules as well.
Normal Volunteer Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 11am – 6pm; Friday & Saturday 11am -4pm
- Unloading, sorting, bagging, and stocking donated materials
- Assembling hands-on learning kits for science, math, art, and literacy
- Demonstrating and creating ideas or kits for our members
- Restocking and cleaning the store
- Helping with customer check-out
- Upcycle: An Event Celebrating Resourceful Education: help us make RAFT’s inaugural fundraising event a smashing success! For more information about this event, please go to upcycle-raft.org.
- Dumpster Diving Dudes and Divas: We are assembling a group of fun-loving people with a great sense of humor and appreciation for RAFT’s unique concept of simultaneously supporting education and the environment. D4s will go out on RAFT’s behalf to help solicit and/or pick up even more materials for our members!
- Teacher Advisory Board (TAB): This is a volunteer group open to RAFT members who care about helping other teachers and want to help make RAFT even better by sharing their rafty educational ideas, building membership, providing feedback, and supporting RAFT’s Director of Education.
- Weekly Volunteers: We have a number of volunteers who set aside a block of time to spend at RAFT each week — and we couldn’t do it without them!
If you are ready to sign or have any questions, just contact Betsy.