Interested in being a part of the RAFT family? We are looking for an educator with management and retail experience to help us inspire teachers and transform unwanted materials into engaging educational activities! Read on for more details …
The Chief Re-Imagineer (Store Manager and Educator Coach) is responsible for the daily management and overall operations of the sales floor of the RAFT Resource Center by:
- supporting teachers’ needs while they are visiting RAFT;
- supervising, recruiting, and training employees and volunteers;
- overseeing merchandising and sales, including constant refreshing and stocking of donated and purchased materials and tracking sales;
- managing inventory and pricing;
- planning and implementing member events;
- maintaining the cleanliness, organization, and appearance of the store floor;
- coordinating and executing store communication and marketing efforts;
- setting up and maintaining the Green Room (teacher workspace) to be inviting and full of supplies;
- working with the executive director and education team to increase membership;
- working with the entire RAFT team to ensure a visit to RAFT makes members feel nurtured, productive, and happy!
Education and Experience
4+ years of elementary education experience
2+ years experience in store merchandising and operations
2+ years management experience
Demonstrated creativity and capability of generating educational hands-on activity ideas from random assorted materials
Skills and Orientation
Warm, approachable, friendly, and service-oriented
Able to think quickly and problem solve
Down-to-earth: willing to perform whatever duties are necessary to support RAFT’s mission, operations, and goals
Exceptionally organized; can multi-task and make decisions
Expertise in merchandising
Experience in managing and organizing inventories of materials
Technologically proficient: experience in relational databases, websites, excel, communication databases such as constant contact.
Capable of being detail-oriented while simultaneously seeing the big picture
Energetic and capable of physically demanding work, including lifting 50 pounds and lots of walking around a big warehouse.
This is a full-time, salaried position requiring some flexibility in scheduling. The work week is generally Tuesday through Saturday. RAFT is open to teachers 10am – 7pm Tuesday through Thursday and 10am – 5pm Friday through Sunday.
The salary level will be based on experience. Benefits include holidays, paid time off, and 100% employee health insurance coverage.
Qualified and enthusiastic applicants should email a cover letter and resume by Monday, March 23rd to Employment@RaftColorado.org. Please put “Chief Re-Imagineer Position: in the Re: / subject line. Thanks for your interest!